Everyday Storyteller – 33 Practical Ideas From Real-World Scrapbookers
I am very excited about the event which is taking place on Friday, May 4th! That is the day Everyday Storytellers, an idea book for scrapbooking, is launched (with a HUGE party no less).
Why am I so excited about it? Well, in addition to the fact that it is a compilation of tips and ideas from some amazing photographers and well known scrapbookers – I am one of the contributors!!!
When Jennifer Wilson, the genius behind Simple Scrapper and Create More Media, asked me to be a part of the book I was so excited and honored. Thankfully Jennifer realized I’m not known for my amazing digital scrapbooking skills (which are non-existant), and asked me to contribute more on the photography side of scrapbooking.
My Favorite Part of the Memory Making Process
As the official “record keeper” in my family, the thing I try hard to do is take a moment now and then and capture my kids playing.
- Take pictures of them actually playing, not posing.
- Take pictures of what they created with those Legos or playdough.
- Take pictures of them using their little fingers and hands to play, mold, create, read, etc.
For instance, when I saw my 8 year old daughter had made her American Girl doll a hospital bed and given her an IV, I quickly captured it (with my iPhone) because I knew she was working things out in her mind about her cousin’s pending surgery.
It’s a sweet moment, evidence of how children deal with things through play, and I wanted to record that for both her and her cousin.
Register for the Launch Party
On Friday, May 4 at 8:30pm the party of 2012 will begin at Everyday Storyteller. Sign up to receive your VIP invitation to this exclusive event, sponsored by the following fabulous companies. We’ll be giving away more than $700 in prizes!
Win a Copy of Everyday Storyteller CLOSED
Winner was #47, Terra. Thank you to all who entered!
I am very proud to be a part of this wonderful book and cannot wait to see all the other contributions when the book is released on Friday, May 4! And, I’m thrilled to be giving away one copy here today only!!
To win a copy of Everyday Storyteller ebook:
- Leave a comment here telling me if you’re a digital scrapbooker, “old fashion” paper scrapper or a picturs in the shoe box kind of memory keeper.
- One entry per person
- Giveaway is open from 6:00 AM EST Tuesday, May 1st until 1:00 AM EST Wednesday, May 2nd
- Winner chosen via Random.org
- Winner will receive the e-book before it is open to the public!
- Winner has one week to reply to the contact email about the giveaway, after which another winner will be selected
Everyday Storyteller Contributors
Below are all the other photographer and/or scrapbooker’s sites. They are an amazingly talented group of women, so take a moment to visit them if you can. And, many are giving away a copy of the book as well, so entering on their blogs will give you some better odds of winning!
- Amanda Padgett <<YOU ARE HERE