Do you love to edit? Or, are you just learning how to edit? Show Your Skills link-up party is a way to practice or show off what you already know.
This week I am sharing a picture of one of my other nieces, Sarah, and her cello. The image I am providing was a RAW file, and I did some minor adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) and then opened it up in Photoshop Elements and saved it for you there. So, while it isn’t exactly SOOC, it is pretty close. 😉 To download the file to edit, click on the image below and go to ‘Actions’ then ‘View All Sizes’ and choose the size you want to download. Or, to download the largest size, click HERE.
Last week I did a giveaway for $15 Gift Card for Amy McMaster Photography actions, awarded to one person who participated and linked up their image. The winner was #3, Kara Janelle. Kara, email me to claim your prize.
This week I will be giving away $15 gift card to Isabella LaFrance Photography. Her actions, presets and textures are beautiful and you will love them, but you have to participate in this week’s Show Your Skill and add the link to your image in the McLinky spot.
Above is my “clean edit” version. I used Deep Clean to clean up the image, saved it, then ran a new action I’ve been playing with called Lincoln. I saved it, then went back to the clean edit and ran Montana (formerly Vanilla Punch).
**To add your image, upload it to a blog or Flickr, copy the exact URL to that post/image, then come back here and look at the very bottom of this post, to where it says “You are next” and “Click here to enter” in red.
Here are the basic rules for Show Your Skills:
- You are encouraged to edit however you like: your own steps, with an action, with another designer’s actions. Whatever you do is fine.
- You need to leave the copyright on the image, please don’t clone it out. I made it faint, but added it to protect myself from someone taking the image and using it for personal/business use.
- Please link back to this post. You do not have to use the button I provide below, but do link.
- Share what editing program you used (PS, PSE, Picnik, Gimp).
- You can share your image at Flickr or on a blog, then come back and add the link to that post/image in the McLinky.
- You can join in at any time during the week; you’re not limited to just today.
- I will visit everyone who links up and give a gentle critic of the edit.
<div align="center"><a href="http://everydayelementsonline.com/" title="Show your Skills at Everyday Elements" ><img src="http://everydayelementsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Show-Your-Skills-1501.png" alt="Show your Skills at Everyday Elements" style="border:none;" width="150" height="113" /></a></div>